Monday, June 27, 2011

Getting easier and easier....

I have decided I am tired of missing my workouts because of work and life in general. This is my time, my time for me, an hour to hour and a half each day for me! That's all I ask for and dang it I deserve it! I work so hard for everyone else in my life that it is time for me to get more focused on me! Yes I have been hitting the gym pretty hard the last 6 months, but if I leave work even 10 minutes late theres no parking at the gym here by work. By the time I get to East County its too late for me to make it to the gym and be home before Steven has to leave for work. So I miss a good workout, ya sometimes Tyler and Steven will walk with me around the neighborhood but its not really a workout. No more excuses, even if I have to change here at work and run around our office I will. Or drive down the street to Miramar Lake to run, I am going to do this better than ever before!

I started it yesterday morning, knowing that I had a full day ahead of me at the bay with family I was up at 6:30 am, yes on a Sunday, and I hit the gym. I didn't want to miss out on another workout so I made it a point to get up and drag my butt to the gym while everyone in my house was still asleep. And I did it! 2 miles! 2 miles straight no breaks to walk even a little bit. I set the treadmill at a comfortable pace and went for it, might I add that my ipod was out of battery so I did it without the assistance of music. To my amazement, I actually felt pretty dang good. My legs didn't burn, I didn't feel out of breath, I just kept going.....before I knew it I looked down and I was at 1.75 miles, just like that I was there. So I kept pushing to 2, I think I could have gone at least another .5 a mile but I decided not to kill myself. I was pretty happy with 2 miles, it is for sure the longest that I have EVER run at one time in my life straight for any reason.  Here's to 3 miles.....

No comments:

Post a Comment