Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Whats in a bet....

What a crazy last couple of weeks I have had, with very little workout...ugh! I feel like poop, but I am determined to make the best of it. I have spent the last 3 months helping the owner at work organize construction crews, electric crews, carpet laying crews, and various other task.....ok, ok, ok, so I did most of it and I am EXHAUSTED dang it! But its done, we finished up the big part of the move last Saturday and I couldn't be happier. With the long days that I have had to put in and missing my nightly workouts I started to feel blah, and grumpy! But I am back at it, got a good run in on Sunday and look forward to another great workout tonight.

I was able to meet up with a friend twice over the last couple of weeks for a good walk/run. She has decided to join me in the journey to do the Tinkerbell Half Marathon in January. Although she is a couple of months behind me in training I am confident she will catch up and we will do this. Our last walk was downtown along the harbor, it was nice and humid and icky out (which is unusual for San Diego) but we did it anyway. We pushed for 3 solid miles and kept up a pretty good pace, and kept up the momentum. It was nice. But along the way we passed Ruth Chris Steakhouse, and it began. She said we should make a bet to loose 30 pounds....hhhhmmm...another 30 lbs down, sure why not. I'll take on the challenge. So here it is...the first one of us to loose 30 lbs gets dinner at Ruth Chris Steakhouse (or a restaurant of their choice, because later we walked by the fish market and that looked good too ;) ) paid for by the looser.

But that leads me to another question posed to me by a friend at a bbq a few weeks ago, How come when we are trying to loose weight, we choose to reward ourselves with FOOD?????? I don't get it and probably never will. But I do know that there are certain foods that I LOVE, and have had to say no to more than once during this journey. So maybe its the goal of being able to taste that food that pushes me to get to that next step? Whatever it is I am going to accept it and continue doing what I am doing fairly well at...haha! Maybe I'll think about adding in some none food related goals in the next couple of months. But until then.....30 lbs and I'm going to RUTH CHRIS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment