Thursday, June 16, 2011

Running is starting to become a passion...

I did it, after feeling blah all day yesterday I still drug myself to the gym and had a REALLY good run. In the process of signing up for the Tinkerbell half Marathon a screen popped up that has information on properly training for a half marathon for beginner runners. Although I have already been running (well trying to run) for the last month or so, I have decided to stop the way I was doing it and follow the runs laid out in the disney training program.

Its more of an interval training with 30 minutes of walking/running twice a week and then a long run on a third day. So last night instead of timing the run/walk periods I did it in distances....so walk .20, run another .40, walk .20 etc. I ended up going about 35 minutes total which surprised me a little. I can't believe I am actually doing this!

My scale is not really moving down as fast as it used to, which I guess can be expected at periods during this whole process. But it is a little frustrating, I was hoping to be down a hell of a lot more than I am now. As frustrating as it is, my clothes are still getting looser and looser which is a good thing for my mind, but not my pocket book.

Tonight I am having dinner with friends, so no workout for me. Have a busy weekend ahead, but I am determined to get my third run in even if it means Tyler and I head to the bay for a run while he rides his bike and Daddy stays home to sleep. I'll keep ya posted on how it goes.

1 comment: