Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Everyone else is doing it so why not me....

It seems more and more that my friends and some family are beginning to blog what is going on in their lives. I was amazed to find out that I have started this process at least 3 times over the past few months. I honestly do not remember doing it or starting it. So here it goes this time is for real....

On Jan 9, 2011 I embarked on a journey, a journey in life to make myself feel better, be healthier, and look better. I did it I started a life style change....I cut out all of the bad things in my eating habits, and started working out regularly. The first two to three weeks were a breeze, I thought, I got this! This isn't as bad as I thought. Well of course it wasn't, I secluded myself from almost everyone. I told no one, not even Steven what I was doing. For me it was about getting myself comfortable with the fact that I was going to do this and make myself proud before anyone else. So I did!

Then one morning I logged into Facebook and saw that one of my uncles had embarked on the same journey as me. I was so happy to see that someone else was doing it that I started telling everyone what I was doing and giving everyone around me updates on how much I had lost, how much I was doing at the gym, and how good I was feeling. It has been an awesome experience to reconnect with my Uncle Robert via facebook and be able to keep up with each others progress over the last 6 months. So much so that I was convinced that I should try and run a half marathon!

WHAT, me run! My little plan to get healthier, eat healthier, look better, feel better has now led me to do the unimaginable....RUN! I was not even thinking of running, nor did I even like to run. 44 lbs lost, 4 sizes down, I thought was doing pretty good, so why not do it. I'll give it a shot.

So running I have added to my regular workout routine, 3-4 times a week I run. I'm not the fastest at it, nor can I do the longest distance but I will get there, and I will do this. Of course now I have to, my registration fees have been PAID! I am officially going to make this happen (at least give it my best shot) in 226 days, 13 hours, 38 minutes, and 37 seconds (thanks to the clock on the website for the race).

Tinker Bell Half Marathon here I come..........

No comments:

Post a Comment